Listed in Proofreaders / Editors
I am an academic editor, historian and author. As one of Australia’s most experienced specialist academic editors, I have edited thousands of academic documents, including more than 300 postgraduate theses and over 1,000 journal articles, during an editing career spanning over 16 years. I am an Accredited Editor with the Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) and a professional member of the Canberra Society of Editors, where I am the Professional Development Coordinator.
In addition, I have over 13 years of employment experience in Australian universities. I have lectured and tutored at all three South Australian universities, as well as the University of New South Wales (UNSW) Canberra. In addition to my extensive experience lecturing in history, I have taught Advanced Editing and Publishing and Advanced Technical Writing at UniSA.
My qualifications are:
• PhD Social Sciences (History), Flinders University
• PhD Humanities (Creative Writing), University of Adelaide
• Honours in History, Flinders University
• Honours in Creative Writing, University of Adelaide
• Bachelor of Arts (History and English), University of Adelaide
• Graduate Certificate in Language (Spanish), Flinders University
As an academic and published author myself (rather than simply an editor), I bring a great deal of relevant knowledge and expertise to my academic editing that most editors simply do not possess.
Dr Lisa Lines
Director and Head Editor