Listed in Find UK Proofreaders & Editors - browse our directory!, Publishing services
- Based Scotland | Works worldwide
- [email protected]
Do you need help to get your non-fiction writing ready for publication? I am an experienced and recommended freelance proofreader and copyeditor. I’m also skilled at print book, ebook and document formatting. I am an Advanced Professional Member of the CIEP (Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading, formerly the Society for Editors and Proofreaders), was trained by SfEP and PTC (Publishing Training Centre) and have been freelance since 2003. Before going freelance I spent over 14 years working in information and publications roles in an international legal firm, a local authority and several NGOs.
Read more about me and how I can help you on my website, or get in touch for a free, no-obligation quote.
How I work
• I’ll work in the best way to suit you, either onscreen or on hard copy.
• I aim to help you polish your writing for better reader engagement.
• I know when to intervene and when to leave alone.
• I won’t try to impose my own voice in your writing because I think it sounds nicer than yours.
• I can quickly learn your style preferences, or help you choose, and make sure they’re used consistently.
• I’ll be clear about what I need from you, and I’ll explain what I have done with your work.
• I’ll always deliver work on time if I have what I need from you and will be transparent about my pricing.
“Thank you very much for returning the proofs, they arrived this morning. You have done a Herculean amount of moving around. It all looks clear enough to me.”
Louisa Browne, Macmillan Caribbean
“It’s nice to have found a good copyeditor. I will certainly be back in touch when I know what I’ve got coming next. :-)”
Louise Le Bas, Associate of Just Content publishing services
“Thank you for all the work you have done and working with you was a pleasure. The help that you gave me has enabled the book to sell well. Much appreciated.”
Mutsawashe Svosve, independent author