Proofreading | Copyediting | Academic, ESL & fiction editing
Hi there! I’m Cat, and I’m the owner of Deft Touch Editorial. I’m an experienced editor with over ten years’ experience, and I’ve worked with clients on a wide range of projects over the years; from cover letters to novels and from business presentations to dissertations and theses. I am happy to undertake any type of editing or writing work, and I specialise in academic, ESL and fiction editing.
If you want to feel confident that your writing is in the best possible shape and feel reassured that any issues related to language and presentation have been taken care of, then I’m the editor for you!
To work with an editor who will respect your voice, provide clear, actionable feedback and enable you to move forward with your writing project with confidence, email me at: [email protected] You can find out more about me on my website.
– Native English speaker (I also speak German and Swedish)
– PhD in English Literature, Edinburgh University
– MSc in Creative Writing (Distinction), Edinburgh University
– MA Hons in English with Music Studies (First Class; awarded the Seafield Medal for academic excellence in English), Aberdeen University
– Experienced teacher: ESL (CELTA), secondary school English (PGDE(S)), private tutor (English) and undergraduate tutor (English Literature at Edinburgh University).
“Cat is an excellent proofreader with a high level of speciality and patience. My work has been proofread professionally and promptly. It has been a great pleasure to work with Cat for several years!” Ge Liu: Lecturer, Coventry University
“Cat’s explanations and editing are perfect. I have also learned a lot from her proofreading. To be honest, when compared with other proofreaders I have used, her excellent work is beyond my expectations.” Shaun Peng: Masters student, Edinburgh University