Listed in Proofreaders / Editors
- Croydon, Surrey UK
Who am I?
My name is Liz Campbell. I am a teacher with nearly 20 years of experience in both the UK Primary and Secondary sectors. I am also a qualified proofreader, who has been trained by the Society of Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP). My other interests are in gardening and completing logic and other word puzzles.
Why SfEP training matters:
As well as checking grammar, spelling and punctuation, being SfEP trained means I can also:
• mark corrections by using BS5261 (the set of standard symbols
issued by the British Standards Institute)
• proofread on paper and on-screen (including PDFs and websites)
• use comment boxes and track changes in Word
• maintain house styles
• ensure illustrations and layouts are accurate
• I also adhere to the SfEP Code of Conduct.
Topics I am interested in proofreading:>
• educational non-fiction primary texts (Pupil/Teacher)
• plant care
• word puzzles
• healthy eating
• complementary health
Whether your work is for a book or website, I can help you to communicate clearly and accurately with your reader.
I offer a friendly, flexible service so please contact me to discuss your project and a no-obligation quote.