Listed in Proofreaders / Editors
As a professional proofreader, I can help you to produce the best possible version of your text, so that your readers get the best possible impression of you and your work.
It’s almost impossible for anyone to proofread their own work. We all see what we think we have written and not what is actually on the page! I won’t simply check your spelling, grammar and punctuation; I will also check for consistency and accuracy throughout your document. For example, I’ll check that you have been consistent in terms of spellings, hyphenation and capitalisation, that you haven’t contradicted yourself, and that any images are clearly labelled and in the right place!
I have been trained to proofread to a very high standard and have experience in proofreading using the following:
• Track Changes in Word
• British Standards Institution (BSI) marks on PDF or paper
• Adobe Acrobat comment tools.
I have a degree in English Literature and an MA in History. My history studies covered British and Irish local and regional history during the period from 1750 to 1950, and I am particularly interested in women’s history, local history, poverty, and welfare.
During my studies, I used Harvard and Modern Humanities Research Association (MHRA) styles. I’m happy to work with other referencing styles – just ask!
While I specialise in the humanities, I will always consider proofreading other subjects. I have a background in human resources and business administration, and have worked in the public sector as well as for private companies, so please do get in touch to find out if I can help.
• Basic Proofreading – distinction awarded (Publishing Training Centre)
• MA History – distinction awarded (The Open University)
• BA (Hons) English Literature – 2:1 (University of Sussex)
• Entry-Level Member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP) – I abide by the CIEP Code of Practice