Listed in Proofreaders / Editors
I’m an editorial and content professional with more than 10 years’ experience.
My background is in business-to-business journalism. I have held editorial roles in various publishing companies and proofreading/sub-editing was always a part of my work.
I moved into editorial freelance work 5 years ago and now focus on editing and proofreading.
I have proofread or edited a range of documents including web content, factsheets and information booklets, policy papers, reports, marketing documents, training material, student essays, planning applications, magazines and a higher education prospectus.
I have particular knowledge of:
– web content
– architecture and design
As a trained English language teacher, I particularly enjoy proofreading and editing copy written by people whose first language isn’t English.
I am an entry-level member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders.
Qualifications and training
– Basic Proofreading by Distance Learning (Publishing Training Centre)
– Plain English (Plain English Campaign)
– Postgraduate Certificate in Magazine Journalism (London College of Printing)
– Certificate in teaching English as a foreign language
– BA in English and European Literature
To find out more about my services, visit my website.