Listed in Proofreaders / Editors
Proof Wise is a professional, friendly and reliable proofreading service, founded by Michelle Bullock.
I am a Professional Member of the Society for Proofreaders and Editors (SfEP) and have been trained to a high standard, qualifying with merit from The Publishing Training Centre.
With a keen eye for detail and a methodical approach, I will proofread your documents to improve their accuracy, consistency and readability.
• Following your brief.
• Identifying and correcting spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors.
• Checking consistency of spelling and hyphenation.
• Ensuring consistency in format – headings, paragraphing, spacing etc.
• Removing misleading word breaks and correcting orphans and widows.
• Raising queries when appropriate.
• Being respectful of your style.
Documents can be proofread ‘against copy’ or ‘blind’, on paper using British Standard proofreading symbols or on screen using Microsoft Word’s Track Changes facility or on PDF files. By allowing you to accept or reject any changes made, you remain in control of your documents.
Rates vary depending on the word count, complexity and subject matter, but are based on the minimum rates suggested by the SfEP. For a no obligation quote, please contact me to discuss your requirements.
Telephone 07971 685481 or email email@example.com