I am Anna Gardner, a qualified and experienced copy editor and proofreader. I am passionate about words and committed to working with individuals and organisations to ensure that their ideas are communicated clearly and effectively. Trained in proofreading and the editorial management process whilst employed as a Legal Editor with Sweet and Maxwell (part of Thomson Reuters) and with many years’ experience since then both in house and freelance, I can help you project a professional image through coherent, concise and correct writing.
As a Professional Member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP) I have a proven high level of competence, training and experience. I am required to abide by the Society’s code of practice for editorial work and client relationships and am experienced in editorial project management, guaranteeing you a smooth and comprehensive service at a competitive rate. I am comfortable working with any style guide, including but not limited to APA, Chicago, and Harvard, or can create a style guide for your particular organisation or publication.
As part of my SfEP membership I am required to carry out ongoing CPD and stay up-to-date with ongoing changes and developments in publishing via industry-recognised courses, networking and attendance at industry events.
My qualifications and training:
• Legal Editor at Sweet and Maxwell/ Thomson Reuters managing publication of legal journals
• Publishing Training Centre – copyright training
• LLB Law and French, University of Leeds
• Diploma of Law, Le Mans University (France)
• CELTA certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
• Legal Editor at Sweet and Maxwell
• Resources Manager at Youth Sport Trust
• Oxford University Press – scholarly articles
• Experian – B2B content including white papers and blog posts
• Leicester City Football Club – parent resources