Nicky Brown | Proofreader | Specialising in Russia, music, and everything in between
In-house + freelance experience | PTC-trained (distinction) | fiction + non-fiction
I have ten years of experience as a freelance proofreader and translator (Russian into English).
Previous proofreading projects include:
– Science fiction novels
– Short stories
– Indie fiction
– Children’s literature
– PhD theses
– Articles for academic journals
– Journalistic articles on international relations and world history
– Texts written by non-native English speakers
– English translations of Russian texts (fiction and non-fiction)
– Basic Introduction to Proofreading, PTC – distinction
– MA in Translation Studies (Russian into English), University of Leeds – merit
– BA in Russian Studies, University of Leeds – 1st class honours
– BMus (Hons) Music, Goldsmiths, University of London – 2:1
Proofreading either on screen (using Track Changes in Word, Comments/Mark-up tools in Adobe Acrobat Reader) or on paper (using BSI marks).
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator, QuarkXPress.
Intermediate member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders