Listed in Proofreaders / Editors
I provide professional proofreading and language editing for students, businesses, authors, academics, publishers and non-native English speakers.
– I have a BA (Hons) degree in Business and Management.
– I have a Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) in Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law.
– I trained with the Publishing Training Centre to complete its industry-recognised course in proofreading (merit awarded).
– I have more than five years’ experience of scrutinising legal contracts in academic and scientific environments.
– I am an intermediate member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP), the UK’s national organisation for editorial professionals, and I follow its Code of Practice which ensures editorial excellence within the industry.
My specialist areas are business studies, administration, management, intellectual property and law. However, I have proofread a variety of documents in a range of subjects in the humanities and social sciences.
How I can help you:
– I will add value to your work by eradicating errors, checking for consistency and ensuring that your work flows smoothly.
– I have extensive experience of working with non-native English speakers who are submitting theses and dissertations or who are preparing their work for submission to journals, and so I am familiar with the challenges that such writers face.
– The language editing service I provide aims to put non-native authors on a level playing field with others and ensure that the content of their work is the focus.
– I will follow your house style, university guidelines or journal style guide (as required) and I am always sensitive to maintaining your authorial voice.
– I can work on paper or on-screen (PDF, Word) and am proficient in the use of the BSI proofreading symbols.
My rates are reasonable and quotations are based on the type of work, turnaround time and level of proofreading/language editing required. In order to provide a quotation, I ask that you send me a representative sample of your work. If required, I am happy to offer a sample proofread before we agree to work together.
How to contact me:
For more information about myself and the services I provide, please take a look at my website (www.njeproofreading.co.uk) or, if you have any queries, please email me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Nicola proofread my dissertation on short notice. She was always friendly and answered e-mails promptly.
She found many mistakes I would have never found myself as I’m not a native speaker. She even found some typos in some of the foreign words and place names, showing that she had read the dissertation really carefully.
She made a really helpful stylesheet.
I’m really happy with the work she did and I can recommend her!