Listed in Proofreaders / Editors
- 30 Lower Grange, Waterford city, Co. Waterford, Ireland
I am Derek Donnelly, a professional proofreader who works for publishers and students and who specialises in the following areas:
doctoral and masters theses, postgraduate papers and undergraduate dissertations and essays; books in the humanities and social sciences; historical and political books; trade non-fiction; fiction; educational materials.
In addition, I provide proofreading and copy-editing services to businesses, NGOs, government bodies and charities.
Basic Proofreading by Distance Learning – distinction (Publishing Training Centre) 2014
Qualifications and awards
My background includes:
- providing in-house editorial services to a university’s department of language studies;
- teaching full-credit English language academic writing courses to undergraduates in Asia;
- teaching full-credit English language oral communication courses to undergraduates in Asia;
- teaching zero-credit English language academic writing courses to postgraduates in Asia;
- teaching English language oral communication classes to university staff in Asia;
- working on curriculum design, course design, exam design and evaluation.