Listed in Proofreaders / Editors
- Pontefract, WF8 4QX, West Yorkshire, UK
I am Hannah Jones, a professional proofreader and the owner of The Remedy of Errors. I pride myself on providing a reliable, efficient and friendly proofreading service to businesses, students and independent authors.
We all make mistakes when writing and, when we read our work back, the eye often sees what it expects to be there and not what is actually there. This is where I come in.
My proofreading service is meticulous. I will:
- correct any spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors;
- ensure that the style is consistent (capitalisation, hyphenation, abbreviations, treatment of numbers etc.);
- check page and chapter numbers and sequencing;
- remove confusing word or page breaks;
- ensure captions and illustrations correspond with each other and are arranged logically;
- always respect the voice of the author.
Proofs can be marked up:
- in Microsoft Word using the Track Changes and Comment features;
- as PDFs using Adobe Acrobat;
- or on paper using the British Standards Institution’s proof-correction marks.
I am an experienced proofreader specialising in language and linguistics, religion, history and fiction. I am fully qualified, having trained with the Publishing Training Centre and achieving a Distinction in Basic Proofreading. As a member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders, I abide by their Code of Practice, Ensuring editorial excellence. I have an excellent eye for detail, an analytic mind and a real passion for language and grammar.
Distinction in Basic Proofreading (Publishing Training Centre)
First Class BA in Linguistics (University of York)
“Hannah would regularly assist me in my role as Diocesan Manager for CAFOD by proof reading our external communications. We frequently produced emails and newsletters for local volunteers, supporters and school contacts and Hannah would review and correct these documents. She had a fantastic eye for detail and always delivered with the short timeframes required. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her services.”
Ben Oldham, Footsteps Fund Manager, University of Leeds
“I cannot recommend Hannah’s services enough. She was amazing with my final year dissertation; I was working within a short deadline and Hannah proofread and corrected my work sooner than I expected. In the end, my most positive feedback from my dissertation was regarding my attention to detail and I only have Hannah to thank for that.”
Valentine Nguhi, BA History, University of Leicester
For more information, visit my website: The Remedy of Errors.