Listed in Proofreaders / Editors
I provide thorough, reliable, flexible editing and proofreading services. I can work with Word and PDF documents, and can edit or proofread most kinds of written material – for example:
• marketing content
• academic/research papers.
I’m a Professional Member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP), and am committed to follow its Code of Practice, Ensuring Editorial Excellence, which assures high standards of editorial work and customer care. I’m also the coordinator of the SfEP’s Manchester group.
I previously had a 26-year IT career as an analyst, developer, project manager and team leader, in the transport, financial services, government, telecoms and retail sectors.
• copy-editing – checking the correctness and consistency of spelling, grammar, punctuation and so on; also enhancing the quality of the writing in terms of clarity, readability, style, and suitability to its target audience
• proofreading – correcting errors and inconsistencies, highlighting anything that seems unclear, and checking for layout issues
Summary of customers to date
• publishing companies
• other businesses (including marketing, PR/communications, IT consultancy, finance)
• independent authors
• students, researchers
For testimonials, please see www.gh-ed.com/testimonials.
• information technology: systems analysis | software development | testing | user support | project management | team leadership | quality assurance
• sport and its history
• rock and pop music
Education and training (selected)
• Loughborough University: BSc (Hons) in Data Processing, 1987
• PRINCE2 (project management) accreditation at Foundation level
• Society for Editors and Proofreaders: Introduction to Proofreading | Introduction to Copy-editing | Proofreading Progress | Copy-editing Progress | Mentoring for Proofreading | Mentoring for Copy-editing
• Publishing Training Centre (PTC): Basic Proofreading | Copy-editing (both passed with Merit)
Get in touch
For a free quote, or to find out more about how I can help you, please contact me using the contact form on this page, via email at email@example.com or by phone on 07851 433505.
Graham Hughes | Chester, UK
As Senior Editor as a London-based content marketing agency, I have used Graham for a wide range of projects, ranging from magazines, to web pages and research reports. His work has consistently been accurate, comprehensive and insightful. Graham’s can-do attitude and efficient approach makes him a valuable asset to any publishing enterprise.
I’m very happy with the proofreading work that Graham did for my +5,000 word essay on software processes. He didn’t only meet a very tight deadline, but also managed to do a very careful job and provide me with helpful feedback.