Listed in Proofreaders / Editors
Provider of thorough, reliable editing and proofreading services to publishers and other businesses.
I can work with Word and PDF documents, and can edit or proofread most kinds of written material – for example:
• business reports
• marketing content
I’m an Advanced Professional Member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP), and am committed to following its Code of Practice, Ensuring Editorial Excellence, which assures high standards of editorial work and customer care.
• business editing – helping to ensure your business’s written material is clear, readable, concise and suited to your target audience; also checking that the spelling, grammar and punctuation are correct and consistent
• copy-editing and proofreading for publishers
• information technology: systems analysis | software development | testing | user support | project management | team leadership | quality assurance
• sport and its history, including football and cricket
• rock and pop music
I had a 26-year IT career as an analyst, developer, project manager and team leader, in the transport, financial services, government, telecoms and retail sectors.
Education and training (selected)
• Loughborough University: BSc (Hons) in Data Processing, 1987
• PRINCE2 (project management) accreditation at Foundation level
• Society for Editors and Proofreaders: Introduction to Proofreading | Introduction to Copy-editing | Proofreading Progress | Copy-editing Progress | Mentoring for Proofreading | Mentoring for Copy-editing | Efficient Editing
• Publishing Training Centre (PTC): Basic Proofreading | Copy-editing (both passed with Merit)
Please see www.gh-ed.com/testimonials.
Get in touch
For a free quote, or to find out more about how I can help you, please contact me using the contact form on this page, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07851 433505.
Graham Hughes | Chester, UK
As Senior Editor as a London-based content marketing agency, I have used Graham for a wide range of projects, ranging from magazines, to web pages and research reports. His work has consistently been accurate, comprehensive and insightful. Graham’s can-do attitude and efficient approach makes him a valuable asset to any publishing enterprise.
I’m very happy with the proofreading work that Graham did for my +5,000 word essay on software processes. He didn’t only meet a very tight deadline, but also managed to do a very careful job and provide me with helpful feedback.