Listed in Proofreaders / Editors
Provider of thorough, reliable editing and proofreading services to non-fiction publishers and other businesses.
I’m an Advanced Professional Member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP), and am committed to following its code of practice, Ensuring Editorial Excellence, which assures high standards of editorial work and customer care.
✅ How I can help you
I can work with Word and PDF documents, and can edit or proofread most kinds of written material – for example:
• Business reports
• Marketing material, including website content
• Newsletters, magazines
• Business editing – helping to ensure your business’s written material is clear, readable, concise and suited to your target audience; also checking that the spelling, grammar and punctuation are correct and consistent
• Copy-editing and proofreading of books, magazines and other publications
• Developing and revising style guides
I’ve edited or proofread more than 30 books, over 70 business reports and many other items. You can find a summary of my customers and what I’ve done for them here.
📚 Specialist subjects
• Information technology: systems analysis | software development | testing | user support | project management | team leadership | quality assurance
• Sport and its history, particularly football and cricket
• Rock and pop music
I had a 26-year IT career as an analyst, developer, project manager and team leader, in the transport, financial services, government, telecoms and retail sectors.
👨🎓 Education and training (selected)
• Loughborough University: BSc (Hons) in Data Processing, 1987
• PRINCE2 (project management) accreditation at Foundation level
• Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP): Introduction to Proofreading | Introduction to Copy-editing | Proofreading Progress | Copy-editing Progress | Mentoring for Proofreading | Mentoring for Copy-editing | Efficient Editing
• Publishing Training Centre (PTC): Basic Proofreading | Copy-editing (both passed with Merit)
• Online Content Training: Online Content – Writing and Editing Skills
Please see here.
🙋♂️ Get in touch
For a free quote, or to find out more about what I could do for you, please get in touch. You can:
💻 use the contact form on this page
📧 email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or
📱 phone me on 07851 433505.
➡ You can also find me on LinkedIn.
Graham Hughes | Chester, UK
As Senior Editor as a London-based content marketing agency, I have used Graham for a wide range of projects, ranging from magazines, to web pages and research reports. His work has consistently been accurate, comprehensive and insightful. Graham’s can-do attitude and efficient approach makes him a valuable asset to any publishing enterprise.
I’m very happy with the proofreading work that Graham did for my +5,000 word essay on software processes. He didn’t only meet a very tight deadline, but also managed to do a very careful job and provide me with helpful feedback.