Are you looking for an experienced, professional editor to refine your content so that it appeals directly to your audience? I’m a professionally trained freelance copyeditor, proofreader, and web editor, based in Hampshire in the UK.
–Who I help and what I do–
I help med comms, businesses, authors and publishers to hone their writing for that vital competitive edge. I ensure your content is focused, consistent and credible, removing errors to reflect your professionalism. Working with varied clients and budgets keeps me responsive and flexible. I’ll guide you with advice, corrections and prompts to polish up your copy and give you the confidence to put it out there publicly. From reports and articles to websites, novels and brochures, I regularly edit a broad range of material and look forward to hearing from you.
–How I work–
Every client receives excellent service and support through my conscientious approach to high-level precision and language fluency.
Depending on your preference, I can work on your text in any of the following ways:
• track changes feature in Microsoft Word documents
• commenting tools to mark up PDFs in Adobe Acrobat and slide decks in Microsoft PowerPoint
• British Standards Institution (BSI) symbols, either on hard copy or digitally
• in your own content management system (web editing only).
I also speak German, French and basic Italian. I have excellent attention to detail, exacting standards and a professional yet personal approach.
–Experience, training and education–
My experience has covered a variety of subject matter. With multiple languages under my belt, a degree in German and History of Art, medical editing experience, and having worked in financial roles as well as teaching in the public sector, my subject specialisms are as follows:
• med comms
• the arts
• Efficient Editing: Strategies and Tactics (CIEP)
• Copyediting 2: Headway (CIEP) – Pass
• Proofreading 1: Introduction (CIEP)
• Proofreading 2: Headway (CIEP) – Distinction, 92%
• Web Editing (CIEP)
• Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading Conferences: 2020, 2021, 2022
• Editing in Word (via Adrienne Montgomerie)
• Macros for Editing (via CIEP’s Paul Beverley)
I’m a member of the CIEP, The Chartered Institute for Editing and Proofreading (formerly SfEP), and abide by their code of practice.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
• PGCE Primary: University of Winchester (Merit at Masters Level 7)
• Qualified Teacher Status
• MA (Hons) 2:1 in German and History of Art – University of Edinburgh
• A Levels: Latin (A), German (A), French (A)
• Investment Management Certificate: The Society of Investment Professionals
• SAPERE Philosophy for Learning (Level 1)
• GSCEs: 2 A*, 6 A, 1 B (English Literature, English Language, Maths, Double Science, Latin, French, German, Art)
Please get in contact to discuss how I can help you or your business. I’d love to hear from you.
–What clients say–
Thorough, reliable, efficient – this is how I’d describe Georgina’s approach to editing. Georgina is comfortable with editing complex medical content, making her a great partner to work with in med comms.
Her attention to detail is second to none and I was impressed with her feedback, which contributed to the accuracy and high quality of our content.
When I received Georgina’s feedback after she had edited the first chapter of my book, it was her precision with language that caught my attention.
Georgina is terrific and has greatly improved the quality of our test items, not only through copyediting but also through thoughtful queries to suggest improvements to our content.
Georgina is competent, thorough, an excellent communicator, and delightful to work with. I can recommend her as a true professional.
She was very professional and effective on the proofreading of a scientific paper. The work was done very quickly and the corrections were very clear and detailed.
Georgina was patient, professional, precise and whipped our writing into shape quickly, explaining clearly what she had done and why. Writing only gets you so far; you then need Georgina.