Listed in Proofreaders / Editors
Fiction editor and proofreader supporting independent authors.
I specialise in helping fiction authors, particularly those self-publishing and indie authors, to get the very best from their manuscript. I offer a range of service which can be tailored to suit your needs.
I can support you with:
– Developmental editing: Getting the very best from your story or non-fiction book. Looking at the structure and the “big picture” details.
– Copyediting: Checking spelling, punctuation, grammar, consistency, readability, and much more.
– Typesetting and formatting: Turning your manuscript into printable pages or ebook ready files.
– Proofreading: Getting everything right before you hit publish.
– Beta reading: How does your writing impact the reader? Are the strengths and weaknesses?
– Authenticity reading: Writing about the LGBTQ+ community? Do no harm! I offer authenticity reading to ensure that your language and portrayal of LGBTQ+ characters is as good as it can be.
I focus a lot of my work on fantasy, sci-fi and romance novels, particularly those with LGBTQ+ themes and characters. However, I have worked with a range of different genres from WW2 spy thrillers to romance and erotica, and pretty much everything in between!
Whilst you are here, make sure you take advantage of my free, sample edit offer: get 1,500 words professionally edited for free! www.JustWriteRight.co.uk/free
Previous projects have included:
– Fantasy books
– Sci-fi books
– Self-help books
– Short story collections
– Romance books
– Spy thrillers
– Aviation histories
– LGBTQ+ themes and characters 🏳🌈
Find more at www.JustWriteRight.co.uk/authors
I can also support you! If you need a pair of eyes to look over your essay, dissertation or thesis, please get in touch. Education theory is a specialism, but happy to work across the humanities too.
Member of PEN: the Professional Editors Network.
As a writer of gay non-fiction, I need an editor who not only has all the skills, but also understands where I’m coming from and I can trust. Nick Taylor delivers on all counts.
It was a pleasure work with Nick. He was professional and receptive to what I needed, and the end product is stellar. His proofreading was thorough, and in many cases I feel he went above and beyond for what I paid him, for which I am incredibly grateful. Working through his comments I realised what a mistake it would have been not to hire him.
So hire him! You’ll be better off for it.
Nicholas has been not once, but twice, a pleasure to work with.
I give him five stars because it is not possible to give ten.