Listed in Proofreaders / Editors
For a high-quality, accurate and friendly proofreading service, you’ve come to the right place! No project is too big or too small, so do get in touch to discuss your requirements.
I’ve been a content and editorial professional since 2006, so understand your need to present error-free, accurate and consistent content. You can rely on me to bring all my knowledge and experience to your project, whatever it may be.
When you hire a qualified proofreader, your writing benefits from so much more than simply getting your spelling and grammar slip-ups fixed. You can be confident that I’ll also check your work for clarity, consistency and formatting, ensuring that your words are clearly presented and easy to read. Whatever the nature of your project, you can trust that I’ll help you to achieve top quality, well-presented copy.
I aim to ensure that your writing:
• is free from errors, inconsistencies and repetition
• is clearly presented and easy to read
• is accurate
• adheres to your preferred style guide.
I’ll do this by meticulously checking your text word-by-word and line-by-line for:
• spelling, grammar and punctuation errors
• the structure of your sentences
• consistency in your language
• the style and formatting of your text
• readability for your intended audience
• any links in your online content.
Your project will be proofread onscreen using either Track Changes for MS Word documents or using the correction tools in Adobe Reader for PDF documents.
I work with all kinds of people from all sorts of backgrounds – from sole traders and small businesses to freelancers and creatives, and job hunters to graduate and postgraduate students – proofreading or editing many different documents, including:
• websites and blogs
• online and printed marketing materials (newsletters, mail-outs, one-sheets, menus, price lists, etc.)
• company literature and internal documents (reports, presentations, staff training manuals, etc.)
• academic writing (essays, dissertations and theses).
Recent projects include: email campaigns for a business coach, blog posts for a charity, website pages and various company documents for an animation studio, the annual review magazine for an independent school, seasonal book catalogues for an academic publisher, magazine articles and reports for a not-for-profit organisation, academic papers for students and researchers, and CV and cover letters for job seekers.
Please see my LinkedIn profile for a full history of my education and experience
Visit my website for further information about my services.