- 41a Queens Road, Sheerness, United Kingdom, ME12 2HA
- [email protected]
Vaughn Chambers Editing – Freelance Proofreader, Copy-editor and writer. I am also able to write Education, Health and Care Plans for Local Authorities in the UK.
Vaughn Chambers Editorial is owned and run by me, Vaughn Chambers. Here are the things you’ll want to know about me:
– I am a fully trained proofreader having undertaken courses run by the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP – formerly the Society for Editors and Proofreaders)
– experience of drafting professional reports into finished documents and proofreading reports for errors.
– specialisms include education, special educational needs, equality and inclusivity, social care, psychology, academic texts and sports … but I work on lots of other subject matter too.
Before 2016 I worked across a range of educational settings as a teacher and for a large period of time working with children with special educational needs. This is relevant too, because:
– I have a broad knowledge of the subject matter, conventions and terminology of these fields/sectors as well as experience of working on the front line of these fields.
– Between 2016 and 2019 I worked in different areas of Local Authority departments spending the largest part of this time working for a Statutory Assessment team with responsibility for managing and writing Education, Health and Care Plans.
– As a part of this work I had to use skills to work with a range of professional reports from education to Health to Social Care. Drafting these reports into a coherent document finalised to clearly demonstrate the needs of children and the support they required.
This work demonstrated clearly my keen eye for using clear English, ensuring the correct use of spelling and grammar within texts and proofreading documents quickly but accurately when working within tight timescales.
I have an honours degree in Psychology and a Masters Degree in Equality and Diversity.